Webinar Series: A Deep Dive into the 4 Dimensions of the SAFe Continuous Delivery Pipeline
Join ICON Agility Services and Scaled Agile, Inc. as we take a deep dive into the SAFe Continuous Delivery Pipeline and how to apply DevOps effectively to your value streams. In this 4-part webinar series, you will learn how to set your company up for success as we take a close look into each of the four dimensions, including:
- Part 1: Continuous Exploration (Tues, April 27 @ 1pm CT)
- Part 2: Continuous Integration (Tues, May 11 @ 1pm CT)
- Part 3: Continuous Deployment (Tues, May 25 @ 1 pm CT)
- Part 4: Release on Demand (Tues, June 8 @ 1 pm CT)
Join our panelists for a 30 minute discussion followed by a 15-minute Q&A with the audience.
Lean Coffee with ICON's SAFe Fellows: Advanced Topics in Enterprise SAFe (Feb 19, 2021)
In this Lean Coffee, SAFe Fellow Kathy Marshak & SPCT Matt Aaron discuss:
- Best practices on introducing LPM to Leadership
- Tools and best practices for managing dependencies in the Full Agile environment; Solution ART capabilities with multiple ARTs
- The addition of Hardware Development in SAFe 5.1
- How to handle dependencies when ARTs did not start at the same time
- Comparison of SAFe's old "feature" and "component" teams to the Team Topologies team types
- How to best get moving on the implementation of the portfolio canvas
- Widely accepted entrance criteria for an epic to come into the Portfolio Kanban Funnel
- Value Stream related updates in SAFe 5.1
In Practice: Lean Portfolio Management Guardrails (Feb 3, 2021)
Using the four LPM guardrails defined in the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), you can improve the alignment of strategy and day-to-day actions that affect value delivery. SAFe Fellow Kathy Marshak of ICON and Mark Des Biens, Senior Product Specialist at Targetprocess, discuss and demonstrate the four LPM guardrails in action.
Lean Coffee with ICON's SAFe Experts: Optimize Your Agile Release Trains (Jan 29, 2021)
Looking for practical tips to boost your existing ARTs? In this Lean Coffee, SAFe Fellow Kathy Marshak & SPCT Matt Aaron discuss:
- Tips for effectively running multiple PI Planning events concurrently, and how to handle teams or individuals that need to participate with all trains
- The best ways for Solutions Architects to engage the train and optimize interactions
- How to scale Shared Services across multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs)
- Advice for maturing the Lean Portfolio Management of one ART’s operational value stream when the rest of the organization is still on traditional annual project-based budgeting
- What metrics to use besides PPM
- Common mistakes ARTs make and strategies to avoid or manage those challenges
- How an RTE would facilitate design thinking sessions
Lean Coffee with ICON's SAFe Experts: How to Get Started with SAFe (Jan 8, 2021)
Are you wondering if SAFe is right for your situation or how to get started? In this Lean Coffee, SAFe Fellow Kathy Marshak & SPCT Matt Aaron discuss:
- What to do with assigned leaders who haven't had training and don't believe in SAFe, yet have been given the role of "Technical Product Manager"
- How to overcome "middle management" leadership pushback
- Strategies to sunset/uninstall old ways of working when launching SAFe
- What to do when leadership does not address "system' issues (e.g., managerial over-reach)
- How to engage all team members when remote
- Characteristics of a good Release Train Engineer (RTE)
- Practical tips for conducting a Value Stream Workshop
Gtmhub Demo (Oct 21, 2020)
Jenny Herald, CPO of Gtmhub, covers how to manage your OKR lifecycle successfully. We focus on how to set, align, achieve, and reflect on your OKRs and unravel the key processes and functionalities behind stress-free OKRs management using Gtmhub. Larry LaSalle, ICON Leadership Coach and Scaled OKRs, also answers strategic implementation questions.
5 Traps to Avoid Before Committing to OKRs (Sept 24, 2020)
In this informal conversation with Larry LaSalle, Leadership Coach for ICON and founder of Scaled OKRs, you’ll learn:
- how to determine if your corporate vision is anchored or floating
- if your organization is committed to OKRs or not serious enough
- if the change management processes you have in place are the right ones
- if you are focused on OKRs or the OKR framework
- the practices that will lead to immediate OKR failure
Measuring Business Value Delivery Using OKRs in Targetprocess (Aug 26, 2020)
In this webinar, experts from ICON and Targetprocess review how to capture your organization’s strategy using OKRs and how to leverage Targetprocess to make explicit connections between the work being done. In an hour, you learn:
- A new business value delivery framework
- How to operationalize OKRs, including: creating and maintaining OKRs; tracking progress and gathering feedback; scoring, confidence voting, & quarterly realignment
- Leading and lagging indicators for key results
- How to track business value delivery with Targetprocess
- How to align Sprint Goals & PI Objectives to OKRs
Catalyze Your SAFe Transformation with Flow Metrics (Aug. 12, 2020)
In this webinar, ICON and Tasktop experts use data from an actual product value stream as a basis for an interactive exchange of interpreting Flow Metrics and coaching to address root causes as part of continuous improvement efforts. They show you how to:
- Enable real-time visibility into the health of your product value streams with live value stream visualization of your software portfolio.
- Find the bottlenecks impacting the end-to-end flow of value and focus investments where they’ll truly make a difference.
- Measure end-to-end flow for each value stream and tie it to key business results with Flow Metrics.
- Use the right visual and semantic language with Product Management to ensure debt and risk mitigation work are not neglected in PI Planning.
How to Define the Right DevOps Metrics (Apr. 21, 2020)
The most innovative organizations know how to gather the right metrics to achieve DevOps success. You want to measure the right things too, but where should you start and what should you measure…and not measure? In this webinar, ICON and Targetprocess cover:
- The key DevOps outcomes and metrics that drive more value
- How to combine metrics to provide a full picture of the Value Stream
- Demonstration of the measurement capabilities of the Targetprocess Tool
Connect Test Automation with Secure DevOps to Accelerate Value Delivery (Mar. 31, 2020)
To move faster, the software development workflow needs to be efficient. The capability to automate work flowing from idea to business value delivery is paramount for enterprises to transform themselves into a fast and value-driven organization. In this webinar, learn how the feature-rich Test Automation suite from Parasoft empowers and enables organizations to work faster and deliver more results with greater value. Key takeways:
- Build automated quality and security processes into the Agile + DevOps software delivery pipeline
- Increase quality with centralized reporting and traceability
- Measure and optimize the flow of value to achieve business agility
SAFe for Business Teams 101: The Secrets to Extending Agility to the Entire Enterprise (Feb. 18, 2020)
SPCTs Deema Dajani (Scaled Agile) and Saahil Panikar (ICON) present the industry shift to Business Agility using SAFe and the experience of forming Business Teams as Agile Teams. They highlight:
- The push for Business Agility in SAFe 5.0
- Common myths about Agile Business Teams
- The blueprint to extending agility to your entire enterprise
Getting Started with Lean Portfolio Managment in SAFe 5.0 (Dec. 4, 2019)
SAFe Fellows Richard Knaster and Kathy Marshak discuss how the Lean Portfolio Management and Organizational Agility competencies within SAFe 5.0 address common challenges. In the webinar, they address the following questions:
- Why use Lean Portfolio Management?
- How is Lean Portfolio Management different from traditinal approaches?
- How do we get started with Lean Portfolio Managment?
Coming Down from the Ivory Tower: Agile Architecture with SAFe® (October 21, 2019)
Aegon Asset Management (AAM) is a global asset manager that began implementing SAFe Agile Architecture early in their transformation with the help of Charlene Cuenca, ICON SPCT and Principal Consultant. This webinar covers the real customer story, including:
- SAFe Architecture Concepts
- The AAM Transformation Story and how SAFe Agile Architecture was implemented
- Challenges and how they were overcome
- The AAM Architecture Team's current state and how it impacted the overall AAM Transformation (including metrics)
Unlock Organizational Agility to Drive Business Outcomes (August 20, 2019)
So your Agile Transformation has resulted in an IT department that delivers faster...but is that the point? Shouldn't the point be delivering value to your customers? To achieve true enterprise agility, you must embrace agility across the entire breadth and depth of your organization. In this webinar, learn how to engage and change the mindsets of the leaders, managers and employees in all departments to achieve the true value of agile.
Speed Up Your Enterprise Business Agility Journey (May 16, 2019)
The Enterprise Business AgilitySM Model (EBA) provides a comprehensive framework for companies who choose to be more lean and responsive to dynamic market demands. The benefits of EBA include:
- Higher profitability
- Faster delivery of meaningful products to your customers
- Alignment between Business and IT
Learn how ICON and CollabNet VersionOne use the EBA model to support an overall transformation strategy that embeds agility across business and technical teams, toolchains, processes, people and the entire enterprise while measuring what matters throughout the entire journey.
Making Mainframe Work Visible in Your DevOps Toolchain (January 31, 2019)
This webinar highlights three key considerations for software's importance in driving business agility and innovation. Learn how to improve the speed of software delivery through Value Stream Management.
Bringing Value Stream Management to the Enterprise (June 12, 2018)
In this webinar, learn the the capabilities of Value Stream Management (VSM) and how ICON and VersionOne VS support it. We share how the practices of VSM are bringing value to our customers' software development and delivery processes.
The Vantiv Story: Creating a Sustainable Transformation (February 16, 2017)
Payment processing leader Vantiv Inc. (now Worldpay) makes payments smarter, faster, and easier by offering a comprehensive suite of traditional and innovative payment processing and technology solutions. From 2015-2017, Vantiv chose ICON (formerly Icon Technology Consulting) to help launch their SAFe Transformation. Their goal was to deliver more sustainable solutions with long-term impact, and to do so quickly to stay ahead in a competitive industry. This video tells the Vantiv story and how ICON guided them on their journey.